netPanzer 0.8.3 Release Candidate
Created by: fu, Last modification: Sun 07 of Feb, 2010 (12:08 UTC)
netPanzer 0.8.3 RC2 (release candidate)
Hi I'm krom the developer, currently uploading a prerelease of netPanzer 0.8.3, it has a suffix of "RC2".
That means it is a release candidate.
That means that it is meant to be tested.
The protocol is different, it means it won't be compatible with previous versions, it is meant to be that way.
It also means that someone must put a couple of servers with this version.
Now, if everything is good, come here (in Forum) and tell us your specs, we would like to know the smallest machine (in resources like CPU and MEMORY, not the actual physical size of the device) that netPanzer can run.
Then, if something is bad, come here (you guess which post, isn't it?) and say it. If you don't say it, we will never now and the final netPanzer 0.8.3 will have the thing that went wrong with you.
No new features will be added on this version, "new" means something that is not already in the prerelease.
Bugs will be fixed only if they render netPanzer unplayable.
If there is nothing wrong with it, it will be released as final version. On the other hand, if some changes needs to be done, a new release candidate will be done (RCX where X is the value of the previous release candidate incremented by 1 unit on the current measuring system) and we might or might not go back to the beginning of the loop.
I'm interested in the following machine tests:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7(no idea if it works)
- Linux 32 bit using provided binary
- Linux 64 bit using provided binary(binary is 32 bit, will it work?)
- Mac OS X with PPC cpu
- Mac OS X with INTEL cpu(it works in mine, but how about others?)
- Linux 32 bit custom build (use svn 1208)
- Linux 64 bit custom build (use svn 1208)
- Other OS (FreeBSD, Haiku, etc..) custom build (you guess which svn version)
- GCC >= 4.4 build, it seems he likes to complain a lot
btw: key F9 does a screenshoot, it is saved as .bmp in .netpanzer/screenshoots
I forgot THE DOWNLOAD LINK :)